We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact information
- Date of Birth
- Bank Account
- Tax information such IRD number and tax rates
- Financial and transaction information
- Information required to determine your suitability for the services we offer
- Information about which of our services you use and how you use those services including the activities and transactions you undertake
- Any correspondence between us and you
- Any other information that is required to make decisions on helping you get sound financial advice
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Provide you with personalised financial advice
- Verify your Identity
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (eg by text or email for this purpose)
- To bill you and to collect any money that may be owed to us
- Helping to manage and administer the products and services we provide you, including answering your requests and complaints, varying products and services and taking any required legal action
- To comply with legislative or regulatory requirements imposed on us, and also on the administrator and custodian of Consilium Wrap, and/or on your advisers, including requirements imposed under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009, and the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (if applicable)
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Consilium New Zealand in order to provide administrative functions on your custodial platform.
- Any KiwiSaver provider in order to supply you with a KiwiSaver account
- FNZ in order to provide you with custodial arrangements
- Xplan, our CRM platform that collects all your data and information for ease of use and recollection.
- Any third party that you have given your consent to such as Lawyers, Accountants, Mortgage Brokers, Insurance Brokers or any other parties required to help give full holistic financial advice.
- External dispute resolution scheme
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies and law enforcement bodies in any jurisdiction
- Entities that acquire an interest in us
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter full information required to give you investment advice, we'll have to review if we can provide investment advice services to you.
We keep your information safe by files with two factor authentication and only allowing staff that need the information to perform their role, access to it. We cannot (and do not) accept any risk or responsibility of disclosure of personal information submitted.
Optima Wealth strives to maintain the relevance, reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of the personal information we hold, and to protect its privacy and security. Much of the information that we holds about you will be stored electronically in secure data centres, which are located in Australia and New Zealand, and owned by either FNZ Limited, Microsoft or an external service provider such as Xplan. This does not include third parties backing up or mirroring their data in overseas jurisdictions. Some of your personal information may be stored in paper files, which will be held securely in our office.
We strive to only send email to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future emails from us, please use the “unsubscribe” link that is located at the bottom of our email communications.
Our Custodial Provider "Consilium" comply with the Privacy Act 2020 and their information can be found here:
We do not use personal information for marketing. We may use aggregated data to help us better understand and market our services.
We keep your information for 5 years at which point we securely destroy it by securely erasing all digital information about you.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or 272498955, or 23 Rochdale Street Fendalton Christchurch 8014.